Economics MCQ 4
1. IMF stands for
a. International Monetary Fund
b. Indian Money-management Federation
c. International Money-control Federation
d. Indian Monetary Fund
2. IMF was set up in the year
a. 25 September, 1944
b. 27 December, 1944
c. 25 September, 1945
d. 27 December, 1945
3. With respect to production of vegetables, India stands________?
4. India stands fifth in production of pulses?
5. “Big Push Theory” was the brain child of?
a. R. Rodan
b. Jack Hamilton
c. Amritya Sen
d. Dr. Abhishek Mathur
6. Gradual decrease of economy is called Autarchy.
7. What is Hot Money?
a. black money
b. white money
c. a money which is hard to come but easy to go
d. a money which comes easily and goes easily too
8. Out the below, what does balance sheet show
c. Both assets and liabilities
d. Neither of them
9. Central Government is responsible for the poverty line
10. First bank completely managed by Indians was
a. Oudh Bank
b. Punab National Bank
c. Oriental Bank of Commerce
d. State Bank of India
11. Out of the below, which is the largest rubber producing state?
1. West Bengal
3. Uttar Pradesh
12. Who is the executive head of the state government?
c. The Governor
d. Chief Justice of High Court
13. NSSO is full form of National Strategic Survey Organisation
14. NSSO was established in the year
15. Father of Economics is Adam Smith
16. WTO has head-quarters in
c. New jersey
d. New York
17. Banks in India use banking services of Reserve Bank of India
18. Deficit financing implies public expenditure in excess of public revenue
19. _______ in a company are also referred to as Debenture Holders.
20. ICICI is the name of a
a. chemical industry
d. financial institution
21. Expansionist open market operations policy of RBI would imply offering commercial banks more credit in the open market
22. When did India change over to the decimal system of coinage
23. Responsibility with respect to regional rural banks is with
24. Concept of currency convertibility was started with which agreement
a. Wells Agreement
b. Taylors Agreement
c. Bretton Woods Agreement
d. None of the above
25. payment made by the government to business enterprises, without buying any goods and services are called subsidies
26. Resurgent India Bonds were issued in US dollar, Pound Sterling and Euro
27. The ARDC was merged into
c. EXIM Bank
d. None of the above
28. Development in national and international markets is one of the causes of exports surplus.
29. Which of the following items would appear in a company’s balance sheet?
a. Value of stocks of raw materials held
b. Individual Salary details
c. Revenue from sales of the company’s products
d. Stock Market Value
30. Depreciation means loss of equipment over time due to wear and tear