History Notes-Historical Places in India
1) Agra Fort in Uttar Pradesh
2) Ajanta Caves at Aurangabad district in Maharashtra 3) Akbar’s tomb at Sikandra near Agra in Uttar Pradesh.
4) Bahai temple at Nehru Place in Delhi
5) Basilica of BOM JESUS at Old Goa
6) Bhubaneswar- about 500 temples built between 6th and 16th centuries in Bhubaneswar
7) Charminar- built by Mohammed Quli Shahi,the sultan of Golconda in 1591
8) Church of Lady of Ransom at Kanyakumari ,Tamil Nadu
9) Ellora Caves in Aurangabad district in Maharashtra
10) Fathepur SikriI founded by Mughal emperor Akbar in 1569
11) Gandhi memorial- Cremation place of Mahatma Gandhi
12) Gateway Of India at Mumabi Port, Maharastra
13) Golgumbaz at Bijapur, Karnatka
14) Golconda Fort was the capital city of Qutb Shahi Kingdom, 8km west of Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
15) Golden Temple at Amritsar
16) Gometeswara famous Jain pilgrimage center is located on the top of Vindhyagiri hills 3000 ft. above sea level at Sravanabelagola, Karnataka
17) Gwalior Fort constructed in sandstone on a 3 k.m long basalt hill at Gwalior,Madhya Pradesh
18) Haridwar in the Valley of Shivalik Mountain Ranges on the banks of the Holy Ganges.
19) Hawa Mahal at Jaipur, Rajasthan
20) Tughlaqabad fort, Delhi
21) Qutub Minar, Delhi
22) Purana Quila, Delhi
23) Lodhi Gardens, Delhi
24) Jama Masjid, Delhi
25) Humayun’s tomb, Delhi
26) Red Fort, Delhi
27) Amaravathi – Bhuddhist Site, Guntur District
28) Nagarjuna Konda –Bhuddhist Site
29) Mangalagiri –Bhuddhist Site, Near to Vijaywada Cit
30) Ghantasala –Bhuddhist Site, Krishna District
31) Nelakondapalli –Bhuddhist Site, Krishna District
32) Dhulikatta – Bhuddhist Site, Karim Nagar District
33) Lingapalem –Bhuddhist Site, West Godavari District
34) Mattanchery Palace, Kerala District
35) Kushinagar- Buddhist pilgrimage site
36) Makka Masjid – Masjid in Hyderabad City
37) Amaravathi – Bhuddhist Site, Guntur District
38) Chunar- an 6th century fort constructed by Chandragupta Vikramaditya
39) Mangalagiri –Bhuddhist Site, Near to Vijaywada
40) Takht Sri Patna Sahib – One of the famous Sikh pilgrimage site
41) Darbhanga – It is among the oldest cities of Bihar.
42) Mahabodhi Temple, a Buddhist shrine and UNESCO World Heritage Site
43) Barabar Caves – The oldest rockcut caves in India,
44) Khuda Bakhsh Oriental Library – The oldest library of India.
45) Basilica of Bom Jesus
46) Mangueshi Temple
47) Kurukshetra- The historical place
48) Jyotisar- The historical place
49) Thanesar- The sacred place of Hindus
50) Pehowa- The sacred place of Hindus
51) Panchkula- Place of religious and historical importance.
52) The Kalka-Shimla Railway – Mountain railway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
53) Dharamshala – Home of the Dalai Lama in India.
54) Amarnath – The Hindu holy shrine.
55) Vaishno Devi – The Hindu holy shrine.
56) Badami – Place of religious and historical importance.
57) Aihole – Place of religious and historical importance.
58) Pattadakal- UNESCO World Heritage Site.
59) Mahakuta – Place of religious and historical importance.
60) Hampi – UNESCO World Heritage Site.
61) Lakshmeshwar – Place of religious and historical importance.
62) Mysore – Place of religious and historical importance.
63) Sringeri – Place of religious and historical importance.
64) Banavasi – Place of religious and historical importance.
65) Belur – Place of religious and historical importance.
66) Bijapur – Islamic monuments
67) Bidar – Islamic monuments
68) Gulbarga – Islamic monuments
69) Raichur – Islamic monuments
70) Dakshineswar Kali Temple – Place of religious and historical importance.
71) Gwalior – is famous Place of historical importance.
72) Jaunpur:Historical city was founded by the Sultan of Delhi Feroz Shah Tughlaq
73) Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus – a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
74) Ancient Elephanta Caves – a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
75) Konark Sun Temple UNESCO World Heritage Site.
76) Jagnath Temple at Puri,
77) The Leaning Temple of Huma.
78) Udayagiri and Khandagiri Caves, Buddhist site, Orissa
79) Lalitagiri as well as Ratnagiri, Buddhist site, Orissa
80) Jodhpur – Fortress-city at the edge of the Thar Desert, famous for its blue homes and architecture.
81) Udaipur – Known as the “Venice” of India.
82) Jaisalmer – Famous for its golden fortress.
83) Barmer – Barmer and surrounding areas offer perfect picture of typical Rajasthani villages.
84) Bikaner – Famous for its medieval history as a trade route outpost.
85) Mount Abu – Is the highest peak in the Aravalli Range of Rajasthan.
86) Pushkar – It has the first and one of the very Brahma temples in the world.
87) Keoladeo National Park – A UNESCO World Heritage Site
88) Nathdwara – This town near Udaipur hosts the famous temple of Shrinathji.
89) Rumtek Monastery
90) The Nilgiri Mountain Railway – a UNESCO World Heritage Site
91) Brihadeeswarar Temple – A great Hindu Temple is situated here.
92) Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple – A great Hindu Temple is situated here.
93) The Valley of Flowers – a UNESCO World Heritage Site
94) Nanda Devi National Park – a UNESCO World Heritage Site
95) Badrinath – one of the four most sacred and revered Hindu temples
96) Kedarnath – one of the four most sacred and revered Hindu temples
97) Gangotri – one of the four most sacred and revered Hindu temples
98) Yamunotri- one of the four most sacred and revered Hindu temples
99) Gorakhpur: The city was home to Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim, Jain and Sikh