World Cup is considered as the largest sports tournament, which engages about one fifth of the world’s population. There are a large number of Fans of International cricket council world cup which includes a billion of TV audience. The Cricket World Cup is a One Day International (ODI) competition in men’s cricket which is organized by the International Cricket Council(ICC). The ICC world cup is organized in every four years.
ICC WORLD CUP in HISTORY
• The first World Cup was organized in England in June 1975
• The 1979 World Cup saw the introduction of the ICC Trophy competition to select non-Test playing teams for the World Cup
• The first international cricket match was played between Canada and the United States.
• Australia has won the world cup first time in 1987 beating England and securing the Man of the series in the favor of David Boon.
• In the year 1999, The Australia won its second world cup leaving behind the Pakistan team.
• Third time Australia Got the Cup in 2003 In the Match played with India, whereas the Title of Man of the series was won By the Indian Cricketer, The Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar.
• In 2007, Australia got its fourth world cup against Srilanka where Glen Mcgrath won the man of the series.
ICC WORLD CUP 2015
• The 2015 cricket world cup is the 11th world cup till now.
• The World Cup 2015 was jointly hosted by Australia and New Zealand, almost after 23 years.
• Total 49 matches were played between the 14 teams.
• Out of 49 Matches 26 matches were Held at Australia and 23 Matches in New Zealand.
• The number of team played this world cup is 14 in which 10 teams are full time International cricket council member.
• There were 14 teams named Scotland, Afghanistan, India, Australia, New Zealand, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Pakistan, United Arab Emirates, England, South Africa, West Indies, Ireland and Srilanka.
• Australia hosted in Sydney, Hobart, Perth, Canberra, Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane.
• New Zealand hosted in Christchurch, Hamilton, Nelson, Wellington, Auckland, Dunedin and Napier.
• The world cup started from 14th February and continued till 29th February 2015.
• Sachin Tendulkar was the 2015 Cricket World Cup Ambassador by the ICC for the second time.
ICC WORLD CUP QUARTER FINAL MATCH
• The first Quarter final took between Srilanka and South Africa, in which South Africa won the race by 9 wickets.
• The second one was between India and Bangladesh. India left the Bangladesh behind by 109 Runs.
• The third Quarter final was held in Adelaide where Pakistan and Australia played against each other, Australia beat Pakistan by 6 wickets in 33.5 overs.
• New Zealand and West Indies played the fourth quarter Final where New Zealand won by 143 runs.
ICC WORLD CUP SEMI FINAL MATCH
The first semi final was at Auckland played between New Zealand and South Africa where New Zealand beats Africa by 4 wickets.
The 2nd semifinal held in Sydney played in India and Australia where Australia beats India by 95 runs and got qualified for the final match of world cup.
The final match of the tournament which was held in Melbourne played between Australia and New Zealand. Australia beats New Zealand by seven wickets and became the world cup 2015 champion for the fifth time. It was the second time in 11 years when the world cup held in New Zealand and Australia after the 1992 Cricket World Cup. Last time, the defending champions were India who won the tournament in 2011. Mitchell Starc was declared As the Man of the Series in 2015 tournament. He also was the highest individual scorer. The top run scores were made by martin Guptill who made 547 runs. The highest score in this world cup 2015 is made by Australia. The next world cup will be held in 2019.