JEE Advanced 2015
The Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2015 (JEE Advanced 2015) is an all India entrance exam which the seven zonal Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB) 2015. The performance of a candidate in this examination will form the basis for admission to the Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual Degree programs (entry at the 10+2 level) in the sixteen IITs and the Indian School of Mines (ISM). The decisions of the JAB 2015 will be final in all matters related to JEE Advanced 2015 and admission to IITs and ISM. The candidates who wish to appear in JEE Advanced 2015 MUST write Paper-1 of JEE Main 2015 which is likely to be held in the month of April 2015. The information about JEE Main 2015 can be found here.
Application and Exam Pattern
The examination date JEE Advanced 2015 is scheduled to be held on May 24, 2015. The candidates should register for appearing in JEE Advanced 2015. Registration is through the online portal only. The online registration portal is scheduled to be open from May 2, 2015 (10.00 am) to May 07, 2015 (5.00 pm). The candidate should satisfy each and every one of the five eligibility criteria. Registration will be cancelled if, at a later date, it is found that the candidate does not meet even one of these five eligibility criteria. Even if a candidate did not opt for appearing in JEE Advanced 2015 while registering for JEE Main 2015, he/she can still register for JEE Advanced 2015. Once the registration is complete, the application for JEE Advanced 2015 CANNOT be withdrawn after registration. Registration fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable. Detailed instructions for online registration will be provided on the registration portal.
The JEE Advanced 2015 examination consists of two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2. Each question paper will consist of three separate sections viz., Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The question papers will consists of objective type (multiple choice) and numerical answer type questions designed to test comprehension, reasoning and analytical ability of candidates. Incorrect answers to some of the questions will be awarded negative marks. The question paper will be in either English or Hindi. Candidates must exercise the choice of question paper language while registering for JEE Advanced 2015. Change of question paper language will NOT be entertained after the registration.
A candidate, including a foreign national, must fulfill each and every one of the following five criteria to appear in JEE Advanced 2015. Listed below is the Eligibility Criteria for JEE Advanced 2015
1. Performance in JEE Main 2015
The candidate should be among the top 1,50,000 (all categories included) in JEE Main 2015. The percentages of the total number of candidates for various categories is as follows:
a) 50.5% for GEN (from the common merit list)
b) 27% for OBC-NCL
c) 15% for SC and
d) 7.5% for ST
Within each of these four categories, 3% horizontal reservation is available for PwD candidates.
2. Age limit
The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1990 if belonging to the GEN or OBC-NCL category and on or after October 1, 1985 if belonging to the SC, ST or PwD category.
3. Number of attempts
A candidate can attempt JEE Advanced a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years. Therefore, JEE Advanced 2015 should be either the candidate’s FIRST attempt OR the SECOND consecutive attempt.
4. Appearance in Class XII (or equivalent) examination
The candidate should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in all the subjects in either 2014 or 2015. Candidates who appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination in 2014 and wish to re-appear for the same in 2015 (either for improvement or because they failed in one or more subjects), will have to re-appear in all the subjects in 2015. Those who appeared for the first time in their Class XII (or equivalent) examination in 2013 or earlier are NOT eligible. However, candidates whose Class XII (or equivalent) examination Board results for the academic year 2012-13 were declared after June 2013 are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2015.
5. Earlier admission at IITs/ISM
The candidate should NOT have taken admission (irrespective of whether or not he/she continued in the program) OR even accepted admission by paying admission fee at any of the IITs or ISM in the past; even candidates whose admission was cancelled are NOT eligible. However, candidates who have been admitted to a preparatory course in any of the IITs in 2014 can appear for JEE (Advanced) 2015.
The Examinations considered as equivalent to Class XII
1. The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (www.aiuweb.org).
2. Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
3. Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
4. Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
5. Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
6. H.S.C. vocational examination.
7. A Diploma recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (www.aicte-india.org) or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 year duration.
8. General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
9. High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
10. Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the examination qualified by the candidates is equivalent to the Class XII examination.
11. In case the Class XII examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.
JEE Main 2015 Syllabus
The syllabus for JEE Advanced 2015 is same as previous IIT JEE syllabus.
Modern physics; Optics; Electricity and magnetism; Thermal physics; Mechanics; General Physics.
Detailed Physics Syllabus for IIT Advanced 2015
Organic Chemistry: Concepts; Preparation, properties and reactions of alkanes; Preparation, properties and reactions of alkenes and alkynes; Reactions of benzene; Phenols; Characteristic reactions of the following (including those mentioned above); Carbohydrates; Amino acids and peptides; Properties and uses of some important polymers; Practical organic chemistry.
Inorganic Chemistry: Isolation/preparation and properties of the non-metals; Preparation and properties of the following compounds; Transition elements (3d series); Preparation and properties of the following compounds; Ores and minerals; Extractive metallurgy; Principles of qualitative analysis.
Physical chemistry: General topics; Gaseous and liquid states; Atomic structure and chemical bonding; Energetics; Chemical equilibrium; Electrochemistry; Chemical kinetics; Solid state; Solutions; Surface chemistry; Nuclear chemistry.
Detailed Chemistry Syllabus for IIT Advanced 2015
Algebra; Trigonometry; Analytical geometry; Differential calculus; Integral calculus; Vectors
Detailed Mathematics Syllabus for IIT Advanced 2015
Architecture Aptitude Test
Architectural awareness; Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity; Three-dimensional perception; Geometrical drawing; Freehand drawing.
Detailed Architecture Aptitude Test Syllabus for IIT Advanced 2015